"When all is said and done, more is said than done". - Lou Holtz
Meetings in America (1)
- Business professionals attend an average of 62 meetings per month.
- American CEO's spend 17 hours per week in meetings.
- Senior executives average 23 hours per week in meetings.
- Mid-managers find themselves in meetings 11 times per week.
- 91% of people report that they day dream during meetings.
- 95% missed parts of meetings to avoid being asked questions.
- 73% brought other work to meetings.
- 39% dozed during meetings.
- 73% expressed concerns about work that piles up while they are in meetings.
1. A network MCI Conferencing White Paper. Meetings in America: A study of trends, costs and attitudes toward business travel, teleconferencing, and their impact on productivity (Greenwich, CT: INFOCOMM, 1998).